Product Description :
Anjeer is the dry fruit from Figs that are cultivated from ancient times and is now widely grown throughout the world. Anjeer, known as fig in English, is a sweet and nutritious fruit that belongs to the Moraceae family. Figs are unique because they are not classified as typical fruits but rather as inverted flowers. They are known for their sweet and chewy flesh and tiny seeds.
- Fresh Consumption: Figs can be eaten fresh as a snack or incorporated into fruit salads.
- Drying: Dried figs are a popular form of consumption. They are sweet, chewy, and have a longer shelf life. Dried figs are often enjoyed as a snack or added to baked goods, oatmeal, and trail mixes.
- Preserves and Jams: Figs can be made into preserves, jams, and chutneys, which can be used as spreads or accompaniments for cheese and meats.
- Baking: Fresh or dried figs can be used in baking, particularly in cakes, tarts, and pastries.
- Salads: Sliced fresh or dried figs can be added to salads, providing a sweet contrast to savory ingredients.