Coconut Shell Macrame Plant Hanger For Indoor &Balcony
A coconut shell macrame plant hanger is a decorative item made from natural materials, primarily coconut shells and macrame cords. It is a unique and sustainable way to display your favorite houseplants or herbs. Here are the steps to make a coconut shell macrame plant hanger:
- Coconut shell (cut in half and cleaned)
- Macrame cord (at least 4 times the length of the coconut shell)
- Cut the macrame cord into 8 equal lengths.
- Tie a knot at one end of the 8 cords, leaving a small loop.
- Thread the coconut shell through the loop and pull it up to the knot.
- Divide the cords into four pairs, and tie a knot about 2 inches below the coconut shell.
- Take one cord from one pair and one cord from the adjacent pair, and tie a knot about 1 inch below the previous knot. Repeat this step for all four pairs.
- Repeat step 5 for each pair of cords, creating a net pattern around the coconut shell.
- Tie a knot at the end of each pair of cords, leaving a small loop.
- Gather all the cords together and tie a large knot about 1 inch above the last row of knots.
- Cut the ends of the cords to your desired length.
Your coconut shell macrame plant hanger is now ready! Simply insert your plant into the coconut shell and hang it up in your desired location.