Thai Basil- Eat.
Product Description :
Thai basil, also known as sweet basil or Asian basil, is a type of basil (Ocimum basilicum) commonly used in Thai, Vietnamese, and other Southeast Asian cuisines. It is a member of the mint family (Lamiaceae) and is highly valued for its distinctive flavor and aroma, which sets it apart from the more common Italian basil.
- Flavor: Thai basil has a unique flavor that is often described as sweet, anise-like, and slightly spicy with hints of licorice. It has a stronger and more complex taste compared to Italian basil.
- Aroma: The aroma of Thai basil is intense and fragrant, adding a wonderful dimension to the dishes it is used in.
- Color: The leaves of Thai basil are usually deep green, and the stems may have a purplish hue.
Culinary Uses: Thai basil is an essential herb in many Southeast Asian dishes and is used to add flavor to a variety of recipes. It is often used in the following ways:
- Thai Curries: Thai basil is a key ingredient in many Thai curries, such as green curry, red curry, and panang curry, contributing to their unique and aromatic taste.
- Stir-Fries: It is commonly used in stir-fries, adding a burst of flavor to the dish.
- Soups: Thai basil can be added to soups, such as tom yum or pho, to enhance the overall taste and aroma.
- Noodles and Rice Dishes: It is used to flavor noodle dishes, rice dishes, and even spring rolls or summer rolls.
- Herbal Infusions: Thai basil leaves can be used to infuse oils, vinegar, or even cocktails, adding their distinctive taste to various culinary creations
Available for KOLKATA only, Next day delivery
No chemicals, zero pests, and hydroponically grown locally.
Legal Disclaimer :
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information
than what is shown on our app or website. We recommend that you do not rely solely
on the information presented here and that you always read labels, warnings,
and directions before using or consuming a product.