Ingredients for Cake:
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– Frozen dry fruits (such as berries or sliced fruits)
– Assorted dry fruits (like almonds, pistachios, walnuts)
– Chocolate (dark or semi-sweet)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line a cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the bajra flour and baking powder. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the softened plant-based butter, brown sugar, and coconut oil until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients (bajra flour mixture) into the creamed mixture, alternating with the non-dairy drink. Mix until well combined and a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave in short intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooled cake.
- Arrange the assorted dry fruits (chopped or whole) on top of the chocolate drizzle.
- Add the frozen dry fruits on the sides or on top of the cake as desired, pressing them gently into the chocolate so they stick.
- Allow the chocolate to set before slicing and serving.
This gluten-free cake made with bajra flour will have a unique taste and texture. Adjust sweetness according to your preference and feel free to get creative with the decoration using different combinations of dry fruits and frozen fruits for an appealing look and added Flavors.